Wednesday 3 August 2016

COME LOOK AND BE TEASED : THE PROFESSOR : A HOMAGE TO PETER CUSHING


ONCE IN A WHILE someone comes up with a very good concept in the comic world. And 'THE PROFESSOR' falls very snugly into that category. Just a few days ago, I was contacted by an associate who thought 'THE PROFESSOR' would be of interest to us all. I must be honest, during the course of a few months, it is not unusual for us to receive several emails or posts about 'Cushing-connected or themed' projects. But, from the go this one got my interest.

 

I HAVE TO BE HONEST and admit, I am not a collector of comics and I can't remember the last time, I actual read a comic of any kind!  But this is one I really want to read. I have included several of the 'TEASERS' here for your enjoyment.... and they DO manage to perform their function very well..Just a glance at any one, will I am sure, get you to view the next. The question hangs over each one, 'Wow, what does that mean? OR 'What happened next?' 




NOW OF COURSE we are primed to a certain extent here, we are lovers of Cushing's work and the roles he played, so the artwork panels and teasers, are very more-ish and have our interest. BUT look at that art work, interesting isn't it? And again, each image leaves us with a ....what does all this mean? We are not being let in on the secret, WE have to wait too......!

 


'THE PROFESSOR' is the beautiful creation of Italian writer, ANDREA CORBETTA and all the people you see below... Corbetta calls it 'An homage to Peter Cushing'. The first issue of 'THE PROFESSOR' arrives in SEPTEMBER 2016. So, not that long to wait. And rest assured, we WILL be waiting !



TO FIND OUR MORE ABOUT 'THE PROFESSOR' SUBSCRIPTION AND FEED BACK PLEASE VISIT 'THE PROFESSOR' WEBSITE MEET THE PEOPLE BEHIND THE STORY AND FACEBOOK ACCOUNT : JUST CLICK THESE LINKS! 

1 comment:

  1. Marcus and PCAs hello! Thank you for your appreciation for the comic "the professor." I want to say that it's all my fault because ...I am the author of the project. I love Cushing and the the hammer movies from long time... you can ask me information and ...forgive my terrible english!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...