Thursday 27 August 2020

FEAR OLD SCHOOL : STUDIO CANAL BLU RAY : 'FEAR IN THE NIGHT' PETER CUSHING : JUDY GEESON

HERE IS ONE OF MANY #PETERCUSHING FILMS, that gets kinda forgotten these days . . despite being a 'Hammer' film with a very entertaining and capable cast. Why am I reviewing a Cushing blu ray, though still available, that was released a while ago? Well, it was only a few days ago, I took my blu ray copy off the shelf and realised, the seal had not been broken or the copy viewed... and maybe now, with an hour or two free, I should watch it! So, slipping the film disc into the player, fighting with my headphones, I spent the next 90 mins in a much enjoyed Cushing/ Hammer bliss!! Granted, it's a smaller role than usual for Cushing in a Hammer film, but goodness, does he 'do a wonderful job'! Frightening indeed!

'FEAR IN THE NIGHT' was the last, and one of the very best, of the suspense thrillers that Hammer produced alongside the better-known Gothic horrors. Plot twists maybe predictable for some, but back in 1980, when I first saw this film.. I didn't see em a'coming... and if you do, you can't help but enjoy, the results!  

NAME DROP WARNING! 😟😴 I met and interviewed both Judy Geeson and Ralph Bates in 1984 and of course mentioned this film... I asked of their memories of working with Peter. It was revealing and very touching. THIS and a full review with screen caps and a few rare press colour stills are part of a 'Marcus Rambling' PCASUK review and gallery post at the website this weekend. If I can find it, I might even include pics from the interviews, and blow off the dust to reveal my terrible 1980's wedge 'Spandau Ballet' hair cut, created by 'Maurice Hairdresser to the Stars' and fashioned with what looks like a blunt bread knife! 😨😁 So, lots to humour, inform and entertain, that may get you to order your own blu ray copy! Do you have your copy of the Studio Canal release? Have you seen the film and if so, would you have happily shot a certain cast member TWICE!? 😳😠😏- Keep safe everyone! - Marcus


A RARE PHOTOGRAPH of #Peter Cushing, #JudyGeeson and director script writer, #JimmySangster on set during the making of #Hammerfilms #FearIntheNight . .

REMEMBER! YOU ARE MOST WELCOME TO JOIN US 
at the FACEBOOK PCASUK FAN PAGE! With posts every day, rare images and photographs, features ad prize competitions.. all celebrating the LIFE and CAREER of Peter Cushing OBE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...