Saturday 17 March 2018

GOODBYE TO FACEBOOK : THE HASSLE STOPS NOW.


YOUR Peter Cushing Appreciation Society LEAVES Face, after eight years . . .

AND SO the PCAS Facebook Fan Page, within hours, will be no more . .  seven years of daily posts, competitions rare, rare photographs, free box sets, autographs of Peter Cushing as prizes, and much more that helped it gain almost 35 thousand followers and members. All this was challenged and made almost impossible to maintain and deliver the last year and half. Posting never stopped or competitions, but but Facebook made adjustments that squashed the posts and a demand on the PCAS Facebook Fan Page, to pay if you want to be seen. First Facebook asked for 20 Pounds, then more. When they didn't pay anything or bend to the pressure, the posts were reaching WAY OVER the amount Facebook said their payment would help them reach. Why would anyone pay for access to make a  reach of 200 people, when posting WITHOUT paying, hit almost a THOUSAND!?? 


ABOVE: PAY! PAY! PAY! FACEBOOK BRIBE, JUST ONE OF HUNDREDS!
EVEN THIS WEEK, Facebook tried asking for UNDER ten UK Pounds, for boosting. This BOOST would let people who have JOINED your page, see the post...that they have JOINED to SEE anyway! Seven Pounds / Six and Half USA Dollars, might not seem much...but at THREE posts a day, seven days a week?? When it all originally COST NOTHING?...and no one is making money apart from Facebook. PCAS or competitions, rare photographs and content are, always has been..FREE! 


BELOW just a handful of the HUNDREDS of PCAS FACEBOOK MEMBERS who were unhappy, angry and frustrated to see the FAN PAGE go, and left messages to explain why. As many of you know, no posts on this website have Facebook type buttons or openings to click LIKE. The posts are what they are. The only way to contribute to the post, is using the message button below, at the bottom. Those messages will add YOUR message to this post . .

Brandon Curtis This is easily the best page I have ever joined on Facebook. Count me in on that website daily. 

Bruce Coates I will take to the website but will genuinely miss this page. Another reason to ditch Facebook altogether. I totally agree with your comments regarding boosting of posts etc. Your content and quality far outshine this medium anyway. All the best to you

Charlotte O'Farrell Sorry to hear this but thank you for all the years of Peter Cushing related content - it’s been enjoyable and I’ve learned a lot about his career and life that I didn’t know. I’ll definitely be visiting the website regularly! All the best.

Jonas Magnusson What!?! No? I LOVE this page! There's nothing like it! Your work is astonishing!


Marcia Loisel Thank you so much, Marcus. This has been a wonderful place to go to on fb. xx  

Douglas Prosch Thank you many times over, Marcus, for keeping this page fun, informative, respectful, and with every ounce of dignified bearing that one perceives in Mr Cushing himself. It was a real oasis for me. I have already started checking out your PC blog, and will continue to visit it. But thanks for this here, while it lasted. You rock, sir.!

Ann Schde You're right, of course..about FB being underhanded and sneaky with hiding things...they're struggling to keep people on FB. Once they started to use/monitor what was being watched, used, said ...people started to flee to other media sites. They wanted control...and more money. Always greed. I'm sad that this page is closing..but I'll be visiting the site/blog you run daily. I've loved going down memory lane with you here...I believe Peter Cushing was my very first crush...even before I saw the Hammer films..I was enamoured with PC from "Captain Clegg". oh my goodness.

Paul Evans A tremendous shame. This has always been one of the very best pages on Facebook and will be dearly missed. The website will, of course, go straight into my favourites. Many thanks for all the fascinating information and fabulous images over the years - very much appreciated.

Richard Holden so sad one of the few face book pages that didnt post endless tripe and was always interesting , I will follow your blog keep up the good work .

Mateja Djedovic I'm really sad to see the page go. It has, for a long while now, been a continuing source of fun facts, great photos, and quality conversations. One of the few true oases in the endless sludge of useless information that's Facebook. It's been brightening up my social media existence for a long while and its absence will be a hole that'll be hard to fill. I will surely continue to visit the site as well, but there was something wonderful about logging onto Facebook and being surprised by an unexpected gem of Peter Cushing trivia on my homepage, like a wee unsolicited gift, a little bit of kindness. All my love, gratitude, and regrets that it had to end like this...

Eldon Glen Very sad that such an entertaining page for classic horror has to end because of facebook greed. I too enjoyed the random posts that popped up on my feed from time to time, it was what made it all the more special. All the best with the website, I am bookmarking it now,Marcus.

Al Spangle Sorry to read this Marcus. I never understood all this fb stuff and haven't been a member of any other group for years now. This is the last. Speak soon. Al.


Fran Gannon Such a pity, you did a fantastic job Marcus and I'm sure like all on here we are truly grateful for bringing us all your wonderful posts, Hammer Horror at its best.Will be checking out the Web page for sure, thanks a million and all the best for the future.


Roni Romero Sorry to hear this Marcus :-( thanks for all your posts. Will miss it but have already added the website to my favourites so will continue to look on there!

Michael Macaulay Sincere thanks for everything uv done, this has been an amazing page and you built an amazing community!

Hywel David Evans What an absolute bloody shame.Thank you for all the wonderful stuff you've given us over the years.See you on the website! 

Alyson Andrew This is so sad, I'm very sorry your hard work has been overturned in such a way. It seems like every day there's another good reason not to log on to Facebook any more, so I'll continue to enjoy your work through Instagram and your website instead. It's always a joy to see one of your wonderful pictures of Mr Cushing pop up (that dear man just can't help but put a smile on your face can he?) so keep up the good work, and wishing you the very best for the future.

Douglas Prosch Oh, no :( With all the useless garbage inundating the horror groups in Facebook, was a jewel for me. So many wonderful, rare photos, anecdotes, and appreciation for an amazing man, his beloved wife, his hobbies, his opinions, and his peers. I will miss this page alot. Thank you for all the wonderful images and words. They brightened many a day. I will certainly follow your blog.


Glyn Horsfall Very sad to see you go Marcus, but fully understand your reasoning. We have had good conversations in the past, mostly about those pesky PC films stuck in limbo! I will of course check out the website as I do anyway. All the best.

Jim Player This was one of the fewnbright spots left on the internet with entertaining and useful information. What a pity that it was forced to succumb to "number of clicks".

Tim Burrows What a mucking fess. It's a sheer pleasure having your output drip feed into my day, so thanks very much for your efforts. I'll be sure to dip into your blog 





Paul Bunyan So sad that this is happening. It really has been a treasure trove of wonderful things for fans. Thank you so much for the work you’ve done. So sorry.

Eve Altman My newsfeed with still be cluttered with rubbish about which FB does nothing and this page has to go?!!

Karen Stevens Sorry to see this go, but PCAS now has the first spot on my 'favourites' bar and I shall be dropping in regularly. I hope the thieves that stole from you crash and burn!

Philip Jones A great shame Marcus, it was always a great pleasure to see new postings. I'm very glad the website is continuing so please do keep on keeping on. 


Debbie Snell Very sad indeed. Will miss this fine site on my feed. I remember how thrilled I was when you joined Facebook. Will make sure to check the website from now on. So sorry.

Jason Arbuckle Am really sorry that you are stopping. I am one of the silent thousands who love the page.

Tom Ehlers Very sad to see this, I grew up watching Peter Cushing and his contemporaries. I always enjoyed your content in my feed, always gave me that “gotta watch that again soon” when I saw the movie. I’ll follow you to the blog and stay with it there. Thank you the time on FB.

Philip Bryan be Proud you have kept the memory of a wonderful man and brilliant actor alive and introduced him to a whole new audience. my sincere thanks to you Marcus and for the commitment you have shown to Peter and to us all

Demelza Downes Really sad to read this today. The page has been an absolute joy. Many thanks for all your hard work over the years Marcus. I will definitely be trying to keep up with the website too. Good luck for the future! Xxx

Graham Alexander Holden Thank you for all of your efforts Marcus and the brilliant, informative posts you do for us, the fans of Peter Cushing. This is a real shame and sadly not the first time Facebook has let it's users down. Will continue to pop by the website  

Paul Chadwick Thanks Marcus for everything you do, it's really appreciated and I will definitely be on the website every day, cheers


MANY MANY thanks to all the thousands of followers, friends, contributors, competition sponsors who gave us prizes for free. It WILL STILL all happen, and to the world at large, from here, at this website. No rules, many more photographs and much content to each feature post, as you have seen here, over the years. You can only do so much, on a FACEBOOK post. Here? It's YOURS!

Joe Fex The new site looks FANTASTIC!

Corinna Freiburg Sad to see you leave. Met so many nice and decent people here during the last few years. But I understand your reasons. FB has become a pessimistic mess, same as the whole www is slowly becoming. Maybe it will change again some day and become the fun place it used to be. C U Markus. Keep spreading the word and thank you for the great stuff you did so far and you're going to do. Website is not disappointing!

Rob Hayton Thanks Marcus.....Facebook’s loss....see you at the blog . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...