Wednesday 25 October 2017

REMEMBERING VINCENT PRICE TODAY: GIFS CLIPS AND STILLS


WE REMEMBERING VINCENT PRICE who we lost on this day in 1993. Feel free to share your memories of Vincent in the comments thread at our FEATURED POSTS at the PCAS FACEBOOK FAN PAGE



For #SILENTBUTDEADLY! today, we will posting a selection of #gifs from Our Five Vincent Price Films. No order of preference, but everyone a GEM!


NUMBER 1#: ANY LIST OF PRICE'S work MUST consider the 1959 'HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL'...you agree? Price's Frederick Loren, is a delight. Full of that 1950's spooky drive in feeling. This zoom in intro in the film, on it's own REALLY spooked me as a kid... and WOW Elisha Cook jr.... also REALLY unnerved me. Is THIS film in YOUR top Five? I have never been to a US Drive-IN before, but I am going tomorrow, so wish me luck!



YOU CAN FIND A FULL FEATURE AND GALLERY AT THE BLACKBOXCLUB.COMOUR SISTER SITE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL  HERE!


NUMBER 2# : Comedy of Terrors (1963) . . .I was very late coming to this film. My first viewing was during a UK BBC2 double bill season, with my parents and grandparents, so for me, maybe like many here..I have an emotional attachment, to this film. My grandfather in particular LOVED it. I can not remember a time when he laughed that much! Karloff in this film, has more than a fleeting resemblance, to my grandfather's brother . . . and I might say, was just as batty! Personally I love EVERYTHING about this film. I could, but I won't ramble about it, the film speaks for itself. Price, Karloff, Lorre, Rathbone...wow! Does anyone know if, the obvious title connection to a play by the Bard... was this story ever performed as a theatrical production??? I think it would work extremely well on stage...! No? One of YOUR favs maybe too??


PERSONALLY, I love EVERYTHING about this film. I could, but I won't ramble about it, the film speaks for itself. Price, Karloff, Lorre, Rathbone...wow! Does anyone know if, apart from the obvious title connection to a play by the Bard... was this story ever performed as a theatrical production??? I think it would work extremely well on stage...! No? One of YOUR favs maybe too??


YOU CAN FIND A FULL FEATURE WITH SUPPORTING GALLERY ON COMEDY OF TERRORS  AT OUR SISTER WEBSITE  HERE!






NUMBER 4# 'Theatre Of Blood' So many good things about this film. A huge favorite! and THIS SCENE is one of many that stay with you a long time after the closing credits. So MANY deaths, and each one, so well done:) Do you have a favorite death scene maybe??? In marking the anniversary of Vincent Price's passing today, I hope our little top five has whetted your appetite to revisit some of your favorite Vincent Price movies this weekend and at Halloween too!



  Full feature and gallery at our sister website THEBLACKBOXCLUB.COM HERE!





ABOVE: From our PCAS YOUTUBE Channel RARE VINCENT PRICE TALKS ABOUT Theatre Of Blood (1973)


NUMBER  5#  Amicus films,  MADHOUSE (1974) stars both Vincent Price AND Peter Cushing, in a rare opportunity to see them working together. We have several clips scattered around the website site, and watching them  in the movie, gives us just a taste of what opportunities were probably missed. MADHOUSE with  it's twists and turns, moments of camp and black humor seems in recent times, to be receiving some late but well deserved, praise. Price plays Paul Toombes as very much the victim of circumstances for much of the film, but come to the time for revenge... the film was shot under the title of 'The Revenge of Doctor Death'... all stops are out for a thrilling confrontation . . . 


PART SIX of The Amicus Films of Peter Cushing, includes a MADHOUSE FEATURE and GALLERY, JUST CLICK  HERE!







IF YOU LIKE what you see here at our website, you'll  love our daily themed posts at our PCAS FACEBOOK FAN PAGE.  Just click that blue LINK and click LIKE when you get there, and help us . . Keep The Memory Alive!. The Peter Cushing Appreciation Society website, facebook fan page and youtube channel are managed, edited and written by Marcus Brooks, PCAS coordinator since 1979. PCAS is based in the UK and USA . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...