Saturday 4 March 2017

ADAM NIMOY ON CUSHING CGI IN ROGUE ONE 'A GREAT IDEA FOR SPOCK'!


OPINION? I had the pleasure to watch Adam Nimoy's documentary about his father, Leonard last night. 'For The Love Of Spock' is an intelligent, frank and loving tribute and well worth catching, even of you are not a Trek fan.


YESTERDAY, Adam during a promotional interview for a Deep Space Nine documentary, Adam shared his thoughts on Peter Cushing's CGI appearance in 'ROGUE ONE'...and shared what some may think is a controversial opinion on his father's legacy.... I have shared the quote below. I am a Nimoy fan, not particularly for his portrayal of Spock, I liked the man's style and his core values in life. But, this made me think too...Are you thinking?? If so, please share 😉


'Adam Nimoy, the director of the upcoming Deep Space Nine documentary, was asked how he would feel if Leonard Nimoy was digitally added to the upcoming CBS show Star Trek: Discovery, or the fourth film in the rebooted movie franchise. Nimoy said he was more than open to the idea. He said was impressed with how Rogue One brought back Grand Moff Tarkin, and would enjoy seeing his father given the same treatment...


“Yeah I think it’s an interesting idea. I loved what they did in Rogue One. I thought it was pretty clever, and I was blown away by it, frankly. All of the stuff that Peter Cushing was doing was mind-boggling to me. I’m a sucker for that stuff. I think it should certainly be explored, but I’m not the final arbiter as to whether it’s going to happen, but I think it’s a great idea, personally.” 


IT MIGHT NOT make sense to bring Leonard Nimoy’s Spock back in the rebooted film series, since he already received a respectful send-off in Star Trek: Beyond after the actor’s death in 2015. However, there is a case to be made for Discovery, since it takes place while Spock was serving under Commander Pike on the Enterprise. Unfortunately, it might take awhile for that to happen. Television shows typically have smaller budgets than feature films, and Rogue One producer John Knoll said the process of reviving Tarkin on-screen was expensive and time-consuming.

Source: Here



COME JOIN US AT OUR FACEBOOK FAN PAGE PCASUK : UPDATED DAILY!
JUST CLICK : HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...